I’m really excited today because I was nominated for my first ever blog nomination. Thanks to The One and a Half for ever so kindly nominating me. In case you didn’t know what the Liebster Award was ( which I didn’t ) it is a blog nomination for those who follower count is below 200. It is basically a way for new bloggers to network with others. So in the words of The One and a Half, these are the rules that must be followed if you would like accept my nomination for the Liebster Award. To accept your nomination, write a post following the rules below.
The Rules :
1. You must link back the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers.
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
These were the questions that The One and a Half left for me to answer :
1. What are your favorite summer beauty products?
For the face I use SPF 50 sunscreen and then top it off with a bit of mineral veil. For the eyes if it is a special event there is a amazing gold eyeshadow my mom gave to me from her years in Egypt, that looks beautiful in the summer sun, and for the lips a bit of coral lipgloss. So basically my favorite summer beauty products are: sunscreen, mineral veil, gold eyeshadow, and coral lipgloss.
2. Facebook or Twitter?
Ha! Excellent question, that I would answer if I had an account for either.
3. What’s your biggest beauty concern?
Sunburn. I hate sunburn not only is it extremely painful but it causes premature wrinkling, dryness, patches, and uneven skin tone. I also have really sensitive skin so I burn and tan really easily so, I am always taking preventive measures to avoid sunburn as much as I can.
4. What do you do to get rid of stress?
A really vigorous workout and then a good soak with lots of yummy smells, I love using homemade beauty products and make my own masks. LUSH bath bombs and bubble bars are awesome and I love using them. Most of the time I don’t workout I just relax in a soak
5. Do you have a “guilty little pleasure” (which one)?
Well I wouldn’t call it “guilty” but if I had to chose, probably white chocolate. I developed a taste for it early on and always have a little stash hidden in my locker during school.
6. The person (either close to you or celebrity/famous) that inspires me the most is…
I don’t really know, there are so many amazing people that inspire me in so many ways that it’s hard to say.
7. My beauty motto is…
“Love your imperfections, they are what make you unique.” I know cheesy my other more liberal motto is “JUST BECAUSE YOU’RE BEAUTIFUL AND PERFECT, IT’S MADE YOU CONCEITED.” – William Goldman, The Princess Bride
8. Shoes or clothes addiction?
Clothes all the way.
9. One (or two) pieces from your wardrobe you can’t live without is..?
My emerald colored blazer and I know this is not an article of clothing, but my baby brother.
10. Which is your favorite perfume?
Five drops of orange essential oil combined with 20 drops of vanilla oil. To dilute, a bit of almond oil.
Now here are my questions for the nominees I picked :
1. What is your favorite social networking site for the promotion of your blog ?
2. What is the number one item on your bucket list ? (example: camp under in stars in Machu Pichu)
3. What is your favorite pick-me-up combination ? (example: sweater and coco)
4. If you could go ANYWHERE in the world, where would it be ?
5. You are going on a long trip, what is the one beauty product you will bring and why ?
6. What is your most unique and/or treasured piece of jewelry ? ( This can be vintage, an heirloom, a gift, or something you just love! )
7. What is your favorite trend from fall 2013 ?
8. What is your favorite era in fashion and beauty ?
9. You have to buy a gown and an unlimited budget, which designer will to ask to create it ? (example : Valentino)
10. What is your all time favorite color for beauty, clothes, and, shoes.
And now the nominees that I picked :
1. The One and a Half – http://theoneandahalf.wordpress.com
2. Pearls and Paris – http://pearlsandparis.com
3. The Fashion Huntress – http://thefashionhuntress.wordpress.com
4. The Musings of a Skin Care Fanatic – http://skinndbeauty.wordpress.com
5. Cheetah Princess – http://cheetahprincess.wordpress.com
6. Karen’s Style Guide – http://karensstyleguide.wordpress.com
7. The Para-Noir – http://theparanoir.wordpress.com
8. Duck Duck You – http://duckduckyou.wordpress.com
9. Frugoal – http://frugoal.wordpress.com
10. Alyshea Surani – http://alysheasurani.com
Sorry I have to give you the direct URL, I couldn’t get the text link application to work !
All of these nominees are extremely talented bloggers and deserve the nomination. If I nominated you and you are reading this, I would love it if you could send me your follow-up so I may read your awesome answers.
$7.65 – nelly.com
$22 – thehut.com
$22 – thehut.com
$7.65 – nelly.com
$12 – thehut.com
Anna Sui, beauty, beautytips, blackandwhite, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, Chanel, Clips, Essie, Giorgio Armani, H&M, H2O+, Illamasqua, Isadora, Issey Miyake, Kate Somerville, Kiehl's, Lord & Berry, Narciso Rodriguez, NARS Cosmetics, philosophy, polyvore, Rodin, Sephora Collection, shu uemura, Sisley Paris, Stila, This Works, Topshop, Victoria's Secret
$26 – debenhams.com
$15 – asos.com
$29 – liberty.co.uk
$49 – johnlewis.com
$115 – selfridges.com
$57 – selfridges.com
$20 – asos.com
$23 – johnlewis.com
$14 – nelly.com
$4.62 – hm.com
$22 – asos.com